How to close your project will depend on what state your project is in and if there is any money pledged on the project yet and how much.
1. Project live with no money yet pledged
You can take the project offline via your dashboard by clicking on the manage project tab then clicking on the 'Take offline' button. This will put your project back to a temp. editable state, so you can keep working on it and go live at a later date if you wish.
2. Project live with pledges
If your project is live and has already had pledges, then there may be three options available on your dashboard depending on how much you have raised.
- Request early payout and continue receiving pledges - You may have the option if you are on Keep What You Raise funding and have hit your target..
- Close and refund - You may have the option to close and refund your supporters.
- Close and collect - You may have the option to close and collect the money you have raised depending on how much you have raised. This request will then be manually processed by our team so won't be instant. It can take up to 2 working days, then we will usually set the project to close in 24 hours time.
3. Closing an Always On Project or Charity Fundraiser
Go to your project dashboard and click on manage project. You will see an option to close and stop accepting pledges. Click this button and your project will be closed successfully.
If you have launched to soon or something unexpected has happened so you wish to refund your supporters and then launch at a later date please follow this guide.